Is anyone still taking Xenazine?

Wojo2 27 Oct 2016

Yes still taking Xenazine. For about 5 years.

Janrc67 28 Oct 2016

Thank you for your response-I would love to ask you some more questions- what dosage are you taking? And are you seeing a lot of improvement? HIw long did it take to see improvement Any side effects? Thank you!

Janrc67 28 Oct 2016

*How

Wojo2 28 Oct 2016

Hi taking 50 mg a day split doses. Once I reached that dose the movements were almost entirely gone. Stress tends to bring some movements back. Side effects are a problem - fatigue is an issue as is depression. I was switched to the generic at one point but it was ineffective so back on Xenazine. The cost is an issue for my insurance company but I have won that battle for now. Have you just started taking it?

Janrc67 28 Oct 2016

Yes, on my 3rd week- up to 37.5 mg but I am not seeing any improvements yet. My doctor is going to battle with the insurance company. I wanted to see if it was worth the fight. I am tolerating it pretty well so I would like to increase to 50 mg if the insurance will cover it. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me!

Wojo2 28 Oct 2016

Keep increasing the dose until you see improvement. It is worth it. Good luck and let me know if you have other questions.