Has anyone had success taking Trintellix to help wean off of Effexor XR?

janiebme 30 Jun 2017

Hi bark-
Not sure if you are trying to stop the Effexor XR and switching to Trintellix? If you are trying to taper to discontinue the Effexor XR, you could have your doctor prescribe a taper with instant release Effexor. Not sure why the change to Trintellix to come off of Effexor XR?

crazygirl66 1 Jul 2017

I weaned off Effexor by taking Prestiq. It was 8 weeks of hell & I did it much slower than my doctor said. I had brain zaps, dizziness etc. My doc said I wouldn't feel any side effects, but they only know what drug reps tell them. I don't know anything about Trintellix but I can tell you coming off of any antidepressant is not easy. I don't think I will ever take another one, I've even had genetic testing which is supposed to tell me what meds work... none of them have. People who find an antidepressant that works are so lucky! Talk to your doctor but remember, you may need to wean off the meds at a much slower pace, but you can do it! Good luck