Has anyone had success in taking Cymbalta for knee pain ??

lady2882 5 Jul 2013

Cymbalta did not help with my knee, ankle, or back pain and after 6 weeks it made it worse.
Please research this med online before trying it as it can be very difficult to stop taking it. There are alot of side effects both when starting it and when stopping it if taken longer than 4 weeks.

Lisa01 6 Jul 2013

I started taking cymbalta years ago for chronic pain from my arthritis. A great deal of which came from my right knee. It did help the pain for several years. It had the added benefit of improving my mood and outlook, which had darkened due to dealing with the chronic daily pain and stress. You'll need to give it at least 4-6 weeks to build up to a therapeutic level where the benefits will actually be felt. Don't expect it to rid you of all your pain, but just to help with what you have. I hope this helps.
Lisa