Did anyone have to stop an anti depressant before starting Belviq?

Anonymous 23 Jun 2016

Hi, My dr cut my citalopram in half so I could start taking this. I noticed you asked this back in March. Has it been working out for you? I'm having trouble remembering to take the Belviq, because I am supposed to take it in the afternoon. I think my inconsistency has caused mood swings and headaches. I'm wondering if you had side effects?

Tjellison 13 Dec 2016

Yes. That is because belviq has a component that works in its place and way more effectively (for me). It works entirely differently I loved it and still take belviq for anti depressant AND it keeps my bp in extremely healthy range. I am frustrated that the food management part doesn't work anymore. I gained ten pounds back. My mind had food relegated to the proper part of the brain instead of expecting other parts to regulate when not their primary function. I want belviq or something to permanently establish the proper mind/brain management of my body's need for food. I was free from thinking about food and easily stopped eating when I was sufficiently fueled. My mind told me and worked automatically. That is how it is supposed to be. I want it back.