Anyone take seroquel and lamictal for bipolar I successfully?

Butterflyfears 13 Jul 2016

Yes I have for 15 yrs. I have to adjust the dosage a few times up and down currently 400mg of lamicatal and 50mg of seroquel only at night . Do you have anymore questions?

1125jco 13 Jul 2016

No, thank you so much for your speedy reply. 1125jco

eman10375 13 Jul 2016

I have been taking Lamictal 400mg/day (200 twice daily) and Seroquel XR 600mg at bedtime for 4 years. My original manic symptoms were not euphoric, they were insomnia, agitation, and psychotic symptoms. So I was put on the higher dose of Seroquel. But it never happened again. I have been chronically mildly depressed ever since, although stable. I often question my diagnosis. I had extreme stress then and think it may have been psychotic depressive episode and severe anxiety. Later I was also put on Effexor XR 300mg/day and Klonopin 3mg/ day. Anxiety improved, but can't seem to get out of this chronic depression/dysphoria. My psychiatrist still sticks with Bipolar I with mixed features as my diagnosis. At least I'm functioning somewhat normally now.

1125jco 13 Jul 2016

My manic symptoms were not euphoric either with insomnia, irritability/agitation and psychotic
Symptoms, also. I have been Bipolar I for many years. Thank you for responding. 1125jco