Has anyone gone off of Prolia? If so, did you acquire any fractures?

hazelk 9 Oct 2017

I went off Prolia after the first injection, that was three years ago, so far no problems.

1075callender 10 Oct 2017

Thank you for your input. I am in so much pain and meds do not relieve the pain. I will talk to my doc.

Rawchi 11 Jul 2018

I have -- although it was not my intent to "go off" Prolia. I had been on Prolia for about 6 years. Never missed a shot. It seemed to be slowing bone loss. But just before my last shot was due near the end of January 2018, the medical center called to say my doctor could not be there and then called back again to say the doctor was not coming back, and that the new doctor could not see me until late May. No one said anything more about the Prolia shot. Around the end of February I experienced terrible back pain and an MRI in mid-March showed THREE VERTEBRAL COMPRESSION FRACTURES attributed to this delay. There were NO warnings about delay of this sort (especially medically caused delay!) in the Prolia literature for patients or doctors. I never considered that I was "stopping Prolia." I'm still in a LOT OF PAIN and cannot stand or sit up for long. Physical therapy now to correct resulting spinal curvature and hopefully add to stability of midsection. It will be a long haul for me and I don't know if I'll ever get back to where I was.