Has anyone taken phentermine while on an anti depressant (snri)?

lisad69 15 Nov 2013

I am currently on a combination of anti-depressants and mood stabilizers to treat bi-polar disorder.On November 13,2013 I started Phentermine HCL 30mg once a day which is time released.Throughout the day I am often sleepy and tired even though I have slept well the night before.I just don't seem to have the energy that I anticipated once I started taking Phentermine.My concern now is that it is not working for me because my other medications are also time released.I don't know what kind of anti-depressant you are taking but I would like to know if you are experiencing any side effects?

angelo81 16 Nov 2013

I am taking the anti-depressant Pritiq 50mg. I am usually tired and lack energy. I sleep very well at night. I have heard you should not take phentermine if you are taking anti-depressants because of potential serotonin
syndrome. I did take one phentermine 37.5 and it gave me plenty of energy
and I was not hungry. I did not experience any negative side effects but
as I said, I only took one phentermine and was concerned that I should not
be mixing the two drugs.

danielsmommy2008 19 Nov 2013

I would like to know too if anyone has taken Pristiq with phen and done ok?