Does anyone know when Opana ER will be available in generic form? Thanks?

LaurieShay 19 Jul 2012

September of this year.

how long 19 Jul 2012

Thanks LaurieShay!

cleo130 28 Aug 2012

Hi Laurie,

I just picked up my first script for a 2 week supply of Opana ER 30mg to be taken twice daily. I go back in two weeks and will most likely be raised to 40mg. I am switching from MS Contin 60mg twice daily... it seems to have lost it's effectiveness over the past year, and my PM doc doesn't not want to raise the amount of morphine.

It is wonderful that they are coming out with a generic!! Even with my insurance I would have paid $75 co-pay, but I got a card from my doctor that lowered my co-pay only $15!!! This is good my 12 refills, so hopefully I'll be able to switch to the generic after my discount ends. I've been wanting to try Opana ER for some time, but could not swing the $75 co-pay. The card is from Endo, and I just happened to see it at my doctor's office last time I was there. If anyone is needing help with co-pays, they might ask their PM doctor about this fabulous discount card!

Anonymous 19 Jul 2012

The immediate release form of oxymorphone is available now, at a lower price, thank goodness. Laurie usually is right on target with drug information. I just wonder if the reformulation of the ER release oxymorphone, Opana, will cause the patent to be extended. It didn't with oxycontin, so we can be hopeful.
Peace and to less painful days,
Sweet Hippie

how long 19 Jul 2012

Thank you too lmariani55!

Anonymous 30 Jul 2012

September 15th by Watson Pharm..

Kolinopin 24 Aug 2012

September 15th of this year.