Anyone on 60mg. of celexa and if so how are you doing and what was the reason for the increase?

sharipdx 24 Aug 2011

You may want your doctor to re-think that Rx. Look up this headline posted today 8/24/2011.
"FDA warns of heart risks with high doses of Celexa"
Federal health regulators are warning doctors not to prescribe high doses of the antidepressant Celexa, because of the risk of fatal heart complications.

I started on 20mg, was raised to 40mgs and have been on it for 10 years because I suffered anxiety crossing bridges. I live in the Portland, OR area, so that's a big deal here.

My plan now is to taper off to eventually 0mg. I can do bridges just fine now.

Janechaz11 25 Aug 2011

Thank you for that info. I have heard that anything over 40 was useless anyway so I had second thoughts. Does Celexa work well with other drugs that might help other problems like rapid cyclying?

darthzilla 6 Nov 2011

I was on 20mg/day about 5 months ago and felt amazing for about a month or so. Then it just stopped working one day and never came back. I've been back on 60mg for just over a month now. Went from 20-40-60. No effects at all except side effects, and my depression actually got worse. Even without the FDA warning I'm giving up on this one. back to more experimentation with my psych I guess. So frustrated but not ready to give up yet. Best of luck to you.