Has anyone been on Nucynta for a long period of time and if so , how has it effected you?

Anonymous 27 Oct 2013

It is similar to Ultram as it is a synthetic opioid type agonist at the Mu receptors but is more specific and refined for pain management. They both have almost identical side effects and adverse reactions and both will cause withdrawl if abruptly stopped.

Alyssabrooke21 3 Nov 2013

I am prescribed 75 mg of nucynta 3 times daily. It helps me greatly with my neck pain (I was in a car wreck and broke my neck two years ago) but I do get headaches from the medication. All of the previous pain medication I have been on has made me very sleepy, and the nucynta has the same effect on me when it comes to being sleepy. I try to hold out from taking it if I don't need it except for bed time. I always take one before bed to prevent me from hurting in the middle of the night, and because it makes me tired