Anyone know any new meds for PTSD and what adjustment disorder w/ anxiety due to repeated assaults?

RNDianaDisabled 4 Jul 2017

Hi HippieChic10!
I have those and more, just not physically abused! They knew better. But they all knew how to use my low esteem against me and then I fell over a wheelchair, while working as a Registered Nurse Supervisor. I had already been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue syndrome about 3 months before that. Than in October I had Fibromyalgia and my multifunction stills were going, and after finally sending me to a crap Dr where I went in to PT for pain therapy. My Don was trying to get trash on me because I was a work comp risk. I came in on a day off as I was on call supervisor and they made up lies and got me fired! When I went above and beyond for that place! I was the Staff Development Coordinator and when I got fired, I was Special Projects Nurse!!

Windchimes123 5 Jul 2017

Hi RN,
I'm really sorry you went through all of that BS. I'm an RN too. I know how important it is for your self-esteem to leave a job with a good reputation.
I developed PTSD from my attempts to get my pain syndrome diagnosed. I was bullied and humiliated by the pain specialist. He actually was head of the department and took over my care when my doctor left. He realized that the treatment that I was given could have closed down his unit! He was boss and should have been following as a supervisor with a new doctor. He missed it. Instead of trying to help me he pushed me to the point of getting me to quit the program. If I was in his place I w oils have wanted my chart inactive too. He wouldn't have done well under any state reviews!
I developed PTSD symptoms with a year. It's been 4 years and I start shaking just thinking of the horrible things he did to me.
You just have to remember that what goes around, comes around.

RNDianaDisabled 5 Jul 2017

Thank you for your kind words. I did work hard and I had a pain specialist for work comp that I had to write a letter to have put in my file, because he would always walk out on me!!!

I'm sorry about your PTSD and hope you get help or have got help. I'm pretty sure they got hit pretty bad during state inspection, because I did all the paperwork and they are still hiring for the position since 12/2011!!! LOL!

Windchimes123 7 Jul 2017

Lol... I'd say so!
Just watch what happens to these pain centers.
Their bully tactics to get people off medication is going to put them out of business !
It couldn't happen to anyone better. Those policemen wanna-be's!

janiebme 4 Jul 2017

HI HippieChic-
I do not think there is any new meds for PTSD. There are several antidepressants that are used off label for PTSD. You may find more information on the Veterans Administrative web site under PTSD. You can also try therapy, even better if you can find one that does EMDR.
PTSD can be a complex disorder. Best to seek professional help as soon as you can.
Hoping the best for you.

ChelleKay 4 Jul 2017

I was diagnosed with PTSD at the age of 15. Went many years trying different meds that just did not help. In the meantime, multiple majorly serious medical problems have popped up.
One of my docs recognized the PTSD and prescribed Remeron (Brand) and it changed my life. The PTSD was rulingand ruining my life I have been on it for 8 1/2 years now and can't say enough good things about it. It has really helped me. I also have anxiety which I take Xanax for as it is a different demon on its on. It took about a month on 15mg then another month at 30mg, and I was feeling much much better. My anxiety and depression are separate issues, therefore treated separately.You might want to give it a try, and a chance to work.Best of luck to you. As a fellow PTSD survivor, I get it. Best wishes, ChelleKay