I've been trying to troubleshoot my palpitations for 17 years now. I started having anxiety at 18, and then panic attacks at 19. Except for nocturnal panic attacks, I have been free of day-time panic attacks now for 10 years (thanks to an exceptional CBT therapist!) In the past ten years I took only a few doses of Klonopin in the very beginning to help with the panic otherwise I have gone med-free this whole time. I've been successful in managing the anxiety, but since it's gone "dormant," I've been experiencing heart palpitations in increasing frequency. (My theory being that since I've managed the anxious symptoms, now the heart stuff has become more apparent). They started as waking up in the night with my heart racing and have gone on to occur after numerous triggers at this point. Alcohol, high humidity, high altitude, over-exertion, etc. The list is actually kind of long and it's increasingly disruptive to my life. Mainly my heart can get "stuck" in a rhythm that's ~30 bpm higher than my resting rate for hours (and I'm as calm as a cucumber so no anxiety). I also often wake up in the middle of the night with it racing.

I have been on metoprolol 37.5mg for almost 3 years, and while I think that helps me day-to-day it doesn't prevent the spikes and the stuck heart rates. I saw my cardiologist yesterday and he gave me Corlanor (ivabradine) to try. He said to lower my beta-blocker to 25mg and take 2.5mg of Corlanor twice a day. So I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this drug, especially while taking a beta-blocker?