Anyone having issues with cost of drugs thru new Affordable Health Care Act?

kaismama 5 Apr 2013

The major part of the act doesn't take effect until 2014. How have you noticed a difference, what is happening for you?

SusanO 5 Apr 2013

The insurance company (HMSA) that is my only choice here in Hawaii is already making changes and have increased all their rates and tiers for drugs, several of mine have jumped to a $65 copay. I cannot afford that. I have complained to the state insurance agency, they have passed the buck because they say it is related to my Medicare. I am not yet 65 and receive medicare because of my disability. I have dropped HMSA, I will not be treated that way. I have gone back to Original Medicare and feel I will likely be "screwed" some how. I now have no drug coverage, I have applied for Medigap insurance (thru Humana) but they still have a right to claim "preexisting conditions" or will certainly try in my case. I have been a strong advocate for my patients and clients and others for over 35 years and now I get this kind of reward for my selflessness and poor earnings.