... mg/2 x a day for the last two years for my rheumatoid arthritis. I started experiencing extreme night sweats and running a low grade fever and was referred to an infectious disease doctor. He ran two gold TB tests both of which came back as inconclusive and was told I have latent tb.
Has anyone had inconclusive tb blood tests while taking Plaquenil? I have been taking this drug 200?
- 14 Dec 2013 by RA patient
- 14 December 2013
- plaquenil, fever, rheumatoid arthritis, hyperhidrosis, tuberculosis - latent, doctor, night sweats, disease, blood test, blood
I have been taking a total of 600mg/day for a couple of years and have had negative tb tests. I'm not sure that it effects your immune system in quite that way. I believe that other meds have more of a true immunosuppressive effect such as methotrexate, etc... (But I'm not a doctor.) Take care.
- Plaquenil Information for Consumers
- Plaquenil Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Plaquenil (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Dr started me on rifampin because my skin test is positive and she won't start RA meds until I take?
Posted 13 May 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 7 Oct 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 1 Jul 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 16 Dec 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 18 Nov 2015 • 1 answer