Has anyone heard if taking a magnesium solution is no good for you if you are on Xarelto?

kaismama 6 Dec 2012

I'm not finding any interaction between xarelto and magnesium, and I've never heard that either.

DemoninDC 6 Dec 2012

One of the inactive ingredients of Xarelto is magnesium stearate. Also, the antacid aluminum hydroxide/magnesium hydroxide (10 mL) did not show an effect on the bioavailability and exposure of Xarelto. Therefore you should not have an issue with your solution. Why are you taking the solution if you don't mind me asking?

beardog41 7 Dec 2012

I have been having problems with sleeping, crawling legs, etc and the fellow at the health food store suggested that I should take this but, I don't want to have it work against the medication given by my MD. I know I should ask him him but it's very hard to get through to him.

DemoninDC 7 Dec 2012

If you can email him or one of his nurses or nurse practitioner (NP) you have put the ball back in his court, just follow up in a week if you get no response. Otherwise, leave a voice message and get the name of the person who takes the message if you cannot leave the message in his voicemail box. At some point he or his staff should get back to you. I don't think you should have any issues with this mineral.