I have been taking 50 mg naltrexone every morning for almost 2 weeks to help curb pretty severe binge eating. So far it has helped me to significantly reduce the severity of my binges, but I still find myself bingeing, especially later on in the day (around 6:00 PM.) It almost feels as though the medication "wears off" around this time, because I start to obsessively think about eating again (whereas throughout the day I find that it keeps my thoughts away from food.) My question is, do those of you who
take this drug experience similar issues with it seeming to lose effectiveness later on in the day? I am planning on asking my pdoc for a dosage increase (by 50 mg) so that I can take it once in the morning and once in the evening to see if it helps. What do you think? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!