Has anyone used the pill the exact day after and got pregnant? I'm very scared?

kaismama 2 Mar 2014

The morning after pills have a failure rate higher then that of regular birth control pills. However the sooner you use it the more effective it is. Why are you having unprotected sex if you're so scared of pregnancy? Seems like a pretty foolish thing to do if you don't want to get pregnant.

kokuk12 2 Mar 2014

I used it exactly the day after and I didn't know my partner didn't have protection and it was my first time having sex . I wasn't thinking and I'm only 16

kaismama 2 Mar 2014

It usually pays to think before you act. You will probably get thru this ok, but see a dr or go to planned parenthood and get something for you, so you know you're protected. And if he wants to try that again and you aren't on anything yet, tell him no glove no love. You have got to protect yourself. Boys your age tend to disappear if any problems arise from the sex.

kokuk12 2 Mar 2014

I really do hope I'm really scared. I'm not ready to have a kid

kaismama 2 Mar 2014

Then protect yourself, don't risk altering your life with a baby at your age. I'm sure you have goals for your life, other then being a teen mother.

kokuk12 2 Mar 2014

I know I'm a straight A student and by this one mistake my while life will be ruined I want to go to college get a good job :( I really hope and pray to got I don't get pregnant

kaismama 2 Mar 2014

Unfortunately at you age most teens brains aren't fully developed and they can't see consequences of their actions until after they act. I was blessed with an overdeveloped ability to see consequences, that can be a hazard too, lol. I think you've learned and I hope too that you aren't pregnant. Please get some kind of protection, there are so many choices now. You don't need your parents permission and they can't even tell them if you don't want them to know. I suspect since you are pretty level headed your Mom would be someone you could talk to.