... So far nothing has helped. I did take Effexor very briefly about 15 years ago, and it made me so tired I stopped taking it. However, I did have immediate results with it, as far as anxiety and sadness. Thus far it's the only thing that ever had any positive effect.

I'm currently on Lexapro and Wellbutrin. The wellbutrin makes me a little less tired than usual, nothing else.

I've been putting off Effexor as my last resort. I've heard horror stories about withdrawals, how awful you feel when you miss a dose, side effects, and that it's likely to stop working at some point. I am at the end of my rope. I've been extremely depressed for far too long. I have to find something that will work.

So I'm just I wondering if I should even bother with effexor, or if it's one of those mefications a person will continue to build a tolerance to, and/or will just stop working