Has anyone taken effexor for their neuropathy pain? Has it worked and what side effects were there?

Anonymous 30 Mar 2013

Hello suebhoney. I am curious on the dose you are taking for the pain. Regards pledge

suebhoney 30 Mar 2013

She was going to start me on 75mg once a day.

sara12345 30 Mar 2013

Raising Effexor to a far higher dose than you are starting with did help my migraine pain some. I've now gotten extreme neuropathic teeth/jaw pain. I am taking Trileptal which has helped. But in a very low percentage of people taking it, it has some dangerous side effects that I haven't experienced since taking it. But I would imagine it's not the first medication to try for it.

suebhoney 31 Mar 2013

The first medicine I tried was lyrica but it didn't help plus all I did was gain weight.

sara12345 2 Apr 2013

Reading about pain killing properties with anti-depressants, Effexor was not rated highly-just some pain relief. Instead Amitryptaline worked well for MacIntosh. The tricyclic anti-depressants worked best.