My husband had a closed head injury 24 years ago. The worst thing left his horrible depression.
He is normally funny, silly, goofy, and just a blast to be around. We have been married for 19 years, and the last 18 months have been hell for both of us.
After a year of searching, Cymbalta won. He is right now out of the deepest depression, but still has no real feelings of joy or happiness. He says he just feels like he's going through the motions still.
He is becoming very discouraged that it didn't take away ALL of the depression. We increased the dose by 20mg, to 80mg per day without any obvious result. This was two weeks ago.
He and I feel like we're just missing one piece of the puzzle.
Do any of you wonderful people, who help complete strangers, know of such a drug?
I appreciate any information you can give.
I think it's important to note that we have been working with a doctor for a year. She is an M.D., a holistic DR., a Pharmacist, and she has her own compounding facility. She also reaches out to other professionals and has incorporated newer techniques from them along with the rest of what she does for my husbands treatment plan. He takes various natural drugs to help all of it along. You may or may not be familiar with some of these names: Kavanace, Adracore, OxiTOCIN (not CONTIN), Melatonin, Testosterone, Natures Thyroid, Vitamins K, D, and B12, DEHA, 5-HTTP and Thyrosine (Both of these and sublingual sprays).
That's about it.
If you took time to read ALL OF THE ABOVE, may God bless you richly for you compassion!