Hi, thank you so much for taking time to read my post. I am a fourty nine year old woman with a Biopolar ll, O.C.D and A.D.D. diagnosis. My O.C.D began when I was a child, but I was not diganosed until much later in life. My A.D.D. was diagnosed when I was thirty, and at the age of thirty eight, I recieved the diagnosis, Bipolar ll. Oh, I am also a recovering alcholic.
I was wondering, first of all, if there was anyone else out there who has a similiar diagnosis? The second thing I wanted to know, was if other people have to, periodically, change their medications. I seem to be stable for aproximately five to six months with one combination of meds. After the five to six month peirod, however, I become "symptomatic". At this point, when the symptoms come back, my doctor changes my antidepressent. The new antidepressant helps for a few weeks, stops working and then I'm back on the original combination of drugs. (Does that make any sense?) This is the cycle I live with year after year. I feel pretty stable for five months, strugle terribly for a month and then get back on course.
The last question I have concerns the type of medications other's have found helpfull. I would love to really feel happy, but I'm not expecting a miracle. The combinations of medications I'm on are as follows; 30mg Adderall XR, 100mg Lamotrigine,100mg Zoloft, 0.5mg Clonazepam. Right now, I'm beginning a downward spiral.