Anyone got a cure or something that really helps burning mouth?

HisScorpion61 21 Feb 2014

you use 1-1/2 tsp liquid Mylanta or Mailox and 1/2 tsp. of children's liquid benadryl or store brand. Swish this in your mouth and spit out. Do this about 3 times a day.
I had it alot and so did my mom. It was driving me crazy. So this was passed down from 1 of her friends from her doctor- and it worked. Good Luck.

Lyce 1 Oct 2015

Thank you. I ha a been trying all home remedies this has potential

pattyanne 27 Jul 2014

Hi, new to the BMS site. So glad I found it. Though the BMS is horrible, just knowing there are others out there that truly know how I feel helps. I am spending a lot of time reading the questions and answers at this site. According to the stomach doctor I saw , who had ACTUALLY heard of BMS, they just dont understand it. No answers. Have read that it is very common on menopausal women ( I am 54 - started when I was 52 ).

Lorraine69 21 Aug 2014

I've had burning mouth since my teens (i'm 63) and something that always seem to help me is Tree Tea Oil (tastes awful, but it's worth it). Just put your finger over the opening of the bottle and shake, then rub the oil between thumb and forefinger. Then (get ready... ) rub it all over your gums, teeth, cheeks, side of the tongue... wherever you need it. Then immediately take a glass of warm water and gargle vigorously. (Don't swallow!) Gargle several times if necessary to get the taste out of your mouth. You can also use toothpaste or mouthwash to help get rid of the taste.
The solution is temporary, lasting only a few days, but those days are wonderful!
Best Wishes and good luck ... hope it works as well for you as for me,'
lorraine

TinaLL 21 Aug 2014

I use 1 Benedryl HCI 25mg every 4 hours along with Magic Mouthwash prescribed by my dentist. It helps when burning is really at a high point.
FaceBook also has a very active BMS support group if your interested!

luvnjim5 18 Sep 2015

I am very interested to a support group.

TinaLL 19 Sep 2015

Go on FaceBook and search: BMS SUPPORT GROUP! Great information there and more and more members everyday joining that has his monster.