Anyone know what clomicalm is? it's an anxiety med for dogs. Someone told me it was zanex?

kaismama 16 Jun 2015

It isn't xanax or any other benzo. It is a tri cyclic antidepressant.

DzooBaby 16 Jun 2015

They are clomipramine hydrochloride tablet. NOT the same as Xanax at all (Alprazolam). Clomipramine hydrochloride, as KM said, is a tricyclic antidepressant drug (similar to amitriptyline) Tricyclics can cause sedation which is what helps to calm the animals. Never even think about taking drugs meant for animals. They are not manufactured with the same safety standards as human drugs even if the active ingredient is the same.

Stephen Treloar 17 Jun 2015

They are these: "CLOMICALM® (clomipramine hydrochloride) Tablets were the first medication approved for the treatment of separation anxiety in dogs. Along with behavior ... " It is not suitable for humans as it may be of variable quality. (plagiarised)

This is the part that bothers me: https://www.drugs.com/search.php?searchterm=clomipramine&a=1 It really makes me wonder how often generics use these 'B' grade products.

I take Clomipramine HCl 25mg for a variety of psychiatric pathologies (recommended by the WHO). Some OCD and such