I have been taking Citralopram for 3 months (20mg) and even though I take it in the morning it really effects my sleeping habits. I am not that drowsy during the day and when I go to bed I have trouble getting to sleep, once asleep though I have such realistic and intense dreams that I keep sleeping longer than I think because I dream that I am awake, I then find it very difficult to get up in the morning, even if I really have to and can never trust that I will because even if I'm aware that I need to be up in my dreams I can dream that I'm already up! Does anyone have any advise on how I might be able to get more control over my sleeping habits? Or has anyone experienced the same?

The other question I had is how people gage whether citralopram is having a positive effect, particularly with anxiety as I really can't work it out. I began taking it on the day I had to make an important decision and my anxiety was probably the worst its ever been but by the next day I had make the decision and since then I have not been under the same amount of pressure as I was before taking it, so it's really hard to work out! I still get anxious on a daily basis but not to the same extremes as before but I don't know if this is because I have less things to be anxious about! Thanks for any comments, sorry this was so long.