Anyone have chronic lower back pain where lower sides spine feel like they are collapsing and one?

HeadStarter 13 Oct 2012

Hello Shnard - I hope you are able to get some enjoyment out of life. Even with pain... I have been able to convince myself that it won't kill me. It doesn't matter to me that I am in pain... it matters to me how I act on it. I do take medication and where a fentanyl patch. I also have an implant in my spine "neuromodulator stimulator" which helps tremendously and helps me sleep through the night... especially on my back.

It is just there and I don't dwell on it. I cannot fix it but I can try different methods to see what works and what doesn't. "Hanging" in a heated swimming pool feels FABULOUS to my back. That decompresses the spine. Gel packs are a given and so are heating pads. I go back and forth with those. Staying active helps my mental outlook, too. I went back to work recently and that just feels wonderful. I can work in pain...

Meditation is another wonderful tool. That clears out the cobwebs in my brain also. Lots of things to ponder here. I want you to know that you do not have to suffer silently... that is what is so great about this community. We all deal with pain and we all have our various methods and techniques to cope with it. I do hope that you will find what helps you the most. Don't forget about about physical therapy or "healing" sessions with specialists or "spiritualists".

Be well and take good care of you.

Mary

Shnard 14 Oct 2012

Thank you so much for the understanding and suggestions. I truly appreciate you taking the time to help Mary.

HeadStarter 14 Oct 2012

It is my pleasure and I hope something I have said resonates with you... BE WELL, FIRST... and hope your journey has lots of color in it... conquer what you can... forget what you cannot.

Blessings to you and peace to you in your world.

Mary

Lupie 15 Oct 2012

I too would like to thank you for your comments! I'm a back patient and while out on one of my walks with my wee Chihuahua yesterday, that very thought occured to me.."the pain is just there"! As you say. I can do MORE when the pain is at a lower level but I can still do SOME when the pain is bad, right? :)

What I wouldn't give to be able to "hang" in a warm pool! I live on California State Disability or I would join a gym just for that reason but money is too tight. Physical Therapy is SOOOO painful I sorta gave up on it early on in the game. I know I should get back to it but grrrr... it hurts! LOL

It's nice to have helpful, positive comments like yours to Shnard!! Thank you so much! Have a blessed day! :)

Big hugs! Lupie :O)

HeadStarter 17 Oct 2012

Hi Lupie - I think you have a good attitude and that is half the battle. Being able to conquer what you can is a struggle but you can do it. I am glad you can go for your walks... don't give in to it... do it because you still can.

Be well and take good care of yourself.

Mary