Has anyone changed from Tramadol to Nucynta and found it better for pain ?

kaismama 15 Feb 2015

It should be better for pain. Its stronger then tramadol.

Lilywhite79 15 Feb 2015

Thank you.

balbanese 15 Feb 2015

I have heard it both ways, some switch and get less relief and some do not. I have not affection for Tramadol, but it does work well for some folks.

Lilywhite79 16 Feb 2015

Thank you.

balbanese 16 Feb 2015

You're welcome. Any time.

Delila 17 Feb 2015

Hi, Tramadol is a synthetic opiate, and Nucynta is a true opioid, so arguably Nucynta is a more potent medication & a 'better' pain killer. Of course everyone is different/reacts differently to medication/s, the only real way to know is to try it

Lilywhite79 18 Feb 2015

Thank you for your help.

coldman 5 Mar 2015

I took nucynta and had side effects. It contains antidepressant also. It did help pain but I felt like I was going crazy. Could just be me. It's worth trying but expensive

Bethers319 10 Mar 2015

Never heard of Nucynta. Is a newer drug? I also suffer from chronic pain and have for years. I want to get off all my drugs and start over, but am scared to do so. I know that I would need to do so under close medical supervision. Just recently, I've thought that perhaps one or more might be causing some of the pain. What a mess! I hate being on so many meds, but hate worse being in chronic debilitating pain. :(

Lilywhite79 11 Mar 2015

Yes Nucynta is a relatively new drug. I think it came out around 5 or so years ago. It's called Tapentadol or Palexia here in the U.K.