Anyone get a bitter taste in mouth while taking Tresiba?

suzanne66 21 Nov 2016

Tresiba is a long-acting man-made insulin used to control high blood sugar in adults with either type 1 or type 2 diabetes.

The most common side effects with Tresiba include hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), allergic reactions, injection site reactions, pitting at the injection site (lipodystrophy), itching, rash, edema (fluid build-up), and weight gain.

A bitter taste is not a reported side effect of Tresiba.
https://www.drugs.com/sfx/tresiba-side-effects.html

You are encouraged to report side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Linda Elsie 13 Jul 2018

Yes! I now have a hard time drinking just plain water. Now I must put a flavor in it. Thanks for asking the question!

Meggief 20 Aug 2018

I get a bitter taste in my mouth and it lasts all day. I think it is either xiidra or tresiba. I was thinking if it was the eye drops, I would expect it to go away an hour or two after using them. The tresiba is injected, so I would expect it to last longer. Anyone else?