Side effects of ketoconazole topical
Less serious side effects include:
* mild skin itching or irritation;
* dry skin; or
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using ketoconazole topical and call your doctor if you have any of these serious side effects:
* severe itching, burning, or irritation where the medicine is applied;
* oily or dry scalp, mild hair loss;
* redness, pain, or oozing of treated skin areas; or
* eye redness, swelling, or irritation.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Tell your doctor about any unusual or bothersome side effect. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
For more information see https://www.drugs.com/mtm/ketoconazole-topical.html
- Ketoconazole Information for Consumers
- Ketoconazole Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ketoconazole (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 31 Oct 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 1 Sep 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 17 Dec 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 2 Apr 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 8 May 2017 • 0 answers