Any data on this drug causing hair loss? Not listed as a side effect?

Anonymous 22 Dec 2011

Hello sprite69. You forgot to name the drug. Hit comment if you might and enter it. Appreciated pledge

sprite69 22 Dec 2011

Sorry about that - Being new to this site, thought that since I posted the question on the Meloxicam page I was on, it would show the drug name. Anyway - Meloxicam (Mobic). Thanks!

Anonymous 23 Dec 2011

Sprite69, welcome to the site. Alopecia is listed as a side effect for mobic, but only in 2% of the test subjects. Maybe you fall into that category. I have printed below the info for you. Hope this helps...

Dermatologic

Dermatologic side effects have included rash (1% to 3%) and pruritus in up to 2% of patients. Dermatologic side effects observed in less than 2% of patients have included alopecia, angioedema, bullous eruption, erythema multiforme, photosensitivity reaction, pruritus, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, increased sweating, toxic epidermal necrolysis, and urticaria

Anonymous 23 Dec 2011

Thanks Mary. I had shut down for the day. Appreciated,pledge

Anonymous 23 Dec 2011

You are very welcome... Mary

sprite69 26 Dec 2011

Thank you both Mary and Pledge - much appreciated!

Anonymous 27 Dec 2011

You're most welcome sprite. Mary did the research and good morning to you Mary, lets everyone have a great day,pledge

Anonymous 27 Dec 2011

And good ,morning to you too Pledge, on my first cuppa, but present & accounted for... Mary