Anxiety and Stress - Typically how long does it take to get to a therapeutic level on Buspar?

mademychoice39 22 May 2016

I felt a difference in the first week when I started Buspar. I started on 10mg 2x's a day, but after about 3 weeks I went down to 5mg 2x's a day because I was feeling so tired. From everything I've read most people feel some relief from anxiety in weeks 1-2, but it could take anywhere from 6-8 weeks. I've also read that it's a strange med and it either works really well for some people or it just doesn't work at all. The change I noticed was that I didn't need to plan everything down to the last detail and worry so much before I had plans or errands to run. Also when I was stressed and upset, I got over it and moved on much faster than before. But I still rely on Klonopin for panic attacks. I think maybe once I have weaned off that completely I can up to dose of Buspar without feeling so tired and maybe that will help with panic attacks. How long have you been taking Buspar?

Lula1973 22 May 2016

It's working but I still feel some anxiety... There is a huge difference from when I first started and now however I still feel panic from time to time...

Dannyflavio 22 May 2016

I'm sorry my friend, Busbar never worked for me but ativan or klonopin is a miracle. ask your dr. here for u.
danny