Should my anxiety be sever to take prozac?

Anonymous 4 Nov 2013

I have severe anxiety along with panic attacks and it's due to having so many health problems that include meiners and a few others and they put me on valium 8 months ago helped with the meiners but never touched the anxiety. Now I'm on zoloft too. So I would say no matter how your anxiety is you should talk to your dr because mine was minor and it's only gotten worse over time. So if it's prescribed I would give it a try because anxiety had ruined my life.

kaismama 4 Nov 2013

If you have needless anxiety, its severe, no matter how bad others think it is. Meds like prozac are used for anxiety and they are worth a try. Sometimes you have to try several different ones for the best effect.

Kitty 4 Nov 2013

Prozac was the first med that I took. It worked wonders for me. Keep in mind it takes awhile to get into your system (4-6 weeks at least).