I have postpartum anxiety and insomnia. I didn't sleep for the first 3 days of my son's life. This started a viscous cycle of what came first, the anxiety or the insomnia? The anxiety I have is all about sleep.

I've tried ambien and lunesta with little help. I am now on .5mg of Lorazepam and 100mg of Trazodone for sleep. I worry about taking the Lorazepam, but Trazodone by itself doesn't put me to sleep.

I'm on 20mg Celexa, and my doctor wants to increase it to 30mg. With every increase, I experience increased anxiety. At 20mg, I'm not experiencing anxiety, but I do still think about sleep A LOT. It seems like that's all I think about sometimes. Will increasing the antidepressant help, do you think?

Also, I really worry that I'll always have to be on a medication for sleep. On that note, has anyone had success with a different sleep medication and been able to get off of it?

I also worry that my husband will end up resenting me for having to take the baby so much at night. As it is now, I get about 6 hours of sleep a night and take the baby from 2am or 3am on.

Please excuse my rambling. I'm just trying to find someone who can tell me that this does get better.