Can anxiety cause your heart to beat fast almost all day? Sometimes I also get palpitations. I don'?

granny50 3 Mar 2012

yes, it can. I have had it do it to me. I have also had a tight chest and a feeling of jumping from my chest. I have had a EKG and was told it was anxiety.

smoovechic 3 Mar 2012

Its so hard to deal with anxiety when you have to take care of 2 little kids. I seem to have it all day. Sucks. I have had 2 neck surgerys & been on norco 8 or 9 a day for 2years. I also have a medicine called klonopin. I have 0 energy when I take it but it seems to work with the heart stuff a little. I'm trying to get off norco medicine. But fear the withdraws. Thank you for answering my comment. You have been a big help. Thank you soooo much.

smoovechic 3 Mar 2012

I feel that way too. Jumpy, jittery and my heart just races. My doctor says I'm fine also its anxiety. He has tried a lot of ssri's but I get major side effect when taking them. I try to exercise cause my DR says its the best for Anxiety but when I do sometimes it makes it worse. Anyways thank you again for listening.

Dwc5254 10 Sep 2015

I have had my heart pound like crazy up to 100 like it is now and it sucks bad and I feel like I'm dieing and have been to the hospital 3 times this week cause I'm going through a withdrawal and I also have shortness of breath and its scary does anyone know what I can do to calm down and also does anyone know how to get through a withdrawal???

margaret45 18 Nov 2015

Too much caffeine can also effect it. Rich foods chocolate watch you consumption. If it races try to relax. Dont move too much. Sit in a chair take deep breaths maybe 20 or so an one big cough. Try to cough the rythum back. Back to deep breathing. Big ones in an out. If it persists head to your doctor.

ilovedebby99 20 days ago

yeah i had been suffering anxiety since 2011 and in 2014 it when away when i had my first child, now recently i have noticed my heart beat goes fast when im sleeping and wakes me up knowing im having a panic attack what i do i would drink water and just talk to someone to distract your mind, cause if you think about your heart beat makes it worse and it gets to the point where you think you're gonna die cause thats what happens to me and i hate it i dont take medicine or any just water and talk to someone :/

franklin8905 3 Mar 2012

Has your doctor tried Inderal or Visteral or even Benadryl. All of these have been a help to me with the anxiety. I have also had problems with SSRI side effects. The ones I have taken seem to make me worse. I end up with depression or worse on them. It also helps me to do deep breathing and mediation. I am new to the anxiety disorder so I understand it takes alot out of you. Good luck and know that it will get better.

smoovechic 3 Mar 2012

I have not tried inderal or visteral. Is it a beta blocker? Do you take benadryl everyday for anxiety? I have tried benadryl for sleep before & sometimes it makes me jittery & I can't sleep. Should I take benadryl everyday to help anxiety? Is your anxiety gone or do you still deal with it? If u don't mind me asking. Thank you for helping me out with anxiety. Its horrible.

smoovechic 3 Mar 2012

I have it right when I get out of bed. My heart starts to race & just feel bad. I go up & down my stairs feeling weak & wish it would go away. Sometimes I don't have it but its rare. I actucally don't get the panic attacks which only last 30mins to 1hr. I have it all day usually. So anxiety can be with you 24hours a day? I hope it goes away soon.

Anonymous 4 Mar 2012

Franklin, you wrote:

Has your doctor tried Inderal or Visteral or even Benadryl. All of these have been a help to me with the anxiety. I have also had problems with SSRI side effects. The ones I have taken seem to make me worse. I end up with depression or worse on them. It also helps me to do deep breathing and mediation. I was on Vistaril several times for the anxiety but it doesn't do anything. I'm on the Inderal for the migraines, it is a beta-blocker.

smoovechic 4 Mar 2012

I am going through withdraws from norco. I have major anxiety on top of that. I wish the racing heart & no energy will go away soon. Its so uncomfortable. Can anxiety be with u all day like this?? Thank you

smoovechic 4 Mar 2012

Blonde 33 if you don't mind me asking, what is helping with your anxiety? Do you have it everyday like I do? Its making my life harder & harder. I have 2 little girls that are a wonderful & I wish that they had a stronger mommy. Its hard to deal with anxiety all day long. I have klonopin but makes me tired it helps though. I also have been dealing with withdraws from pain medicine & its been a nightmare. Anyways thank you so much for the comments. I will take any help I can get. Have a great day. Smoovechic