Can anxiety cause your heart to beat fast almost all day? Sometimes I also get palpitations. I don'?

granny50 3 Mar 2012

yes, it can. I have had it do it to me. I have also had a tight chest and a feeling of jumping from my chest. I have had a EKG and was told it was anxiety.

smoovechic 3 Mar 2012

Its so hard to deal with anxiety when you have to take care of 2 little kids. I seem to have it all day. Sucks. I have had 2 neck surgerys & been on norco 8 or 9 a day for 2years. I also have a medicine called klonopin. I have 0 energy when I take it but it seems to work with the heart stuff a little. I'm trying to get off norco medicine. But fear the withdraws. Thank you for answering my comment. You have been a big help. Thank you soooo much.

smoovechic 3 Mar 2012

I feel that way too. Jumpy, jittery and my heart just races. My doctor says I'm fine also its anxiety. He has tried a lot of ssri's but I get major side effect when taking them. I try to exercise cause my DR says its the best for Anxiety but when I do sometimes it makes it worse. Anyways thank you again for listening.

Dwc5254 10 Sep 2015

I have had my heart pound like crazy up to 100 like it is now and it sucks bad and I feel like I'm dieing and have been to the hospital 3 times this week cause I'm going through a withdrawal and I also have shortness of breath and its scary does anyone know what I can do to calm down and also does anyone know how to get through a withdrawal???

franklin8905 3 Mar 2012

Has your doctor tried Inderal or Visteral or even Benadryl. All of these have been a help to me with the anxiety. I have also had problems with SSRI side effects. The ones I have taken seem to make me worse. I end up with depression or worse on them. It also helps me to do deep breathing and mediation. I am new to the anxiety disorder so I understand it takes alot out of you. Good luck and know that it will get better.

smoovechic 3 Mar 2012

I have not tried inderal or visteral. Is it a beta blocker? Do you take benadryl everyday for anxiety? I have tried benadryl for sleep before & sometimes it makes me jittery & I can't sleep. Should I take benadryl everyday to help anxiety? Is your anxiety gone or do you still deal with it? If u don't mind me asking. Thank you for helping me out with anxiety. Its horrible.

smoovechic 3 Mar 2012

I have it right when I get out of bed. My heart starts to race & just feel bad. I go up & down my stairs feeling weak & wish it would go away. Sometimes I don't have it but its rare. I actucally don't get the panic attacks which only last 30mins to 1hr. I have it all day usually. So anxiety can be with you 24hours a day? I hope it goes away soon.

Anonymous 4 Mar 2012

Franklin, you wrote:

Has your doctor tried Inderal or Visteral or even Benadryl. All of these have been a help to me with the anxiety. I have also had problems with SSRI side effects. The ones I have taken seem to make me worse. I end up with depression or worse on them. It also helps me to do deep breathing and mediation. I was on Vistaril several times for the anxiety but it doesn't do anything. I'm on the Inderal for the migraines, it is a beta-blocker.

Robin81362 12 Jan 2017

Yes anxiety can cause your heart to race all day. I have had that going on all day today very draining