Anxiety and Stress - What type of anxiety medication is available?

LaurieShay 23 Dec 2011

There are numerous medicines for anxiety which include antidepressants such as Zoloft and Lexapro, benzodiazepines such as Valium and Xanax, or a medication such as BuSpar (buspirone). Depending on the nature of your anxiety, your presenting symptoms, and your overall health, these are all possibilties to help with the anxiety.

papasam 23 Dec 2011

Dear Friend,
The easiest answer for me to give you on this is use your drugs A~Z button and choose drugs by condition. There you will find 67 drugs listed for this condition, remember that some of them are not available in the US. You can research the most highly recommended ones there then discuss with your doctor. This will help you make some decisions on what to have him/her prescribe. Keep in mind also that some drugs do not work well with different body chemistry so it can still be a trial and error thing.
I wish you all the best of health

Anonymous 23 Dec 2011

rbrtjr3360, i suffer from horrible depression and off the wall anxiety/panic and am on 40mg prozac daily and xanax for my anxiety/panic, and it works wonders for me. i was at a point that my mind was so full of panic that i felt like i was having heart attacks or strokes, and even thought i was crazy. having this is real, just like cancer and needs to be treated, so go get some help and find a therapist. i go to therapy weekly, journal and color to help and its working so far. and also the most important for me, i come to my dc family who faithfully loves, encourages and keeps me positive, kee comming back because we care,leanne