Are antidepressants helpful in treating diverticulitis?

chuck1957 9 Jul 2016

G mc; NOT REALLY TO TREAT!!! BUT IF THEY HELP YOU FEEL BETTER THAN YES I KNOW you know a lot about it but you should check out this support group again and see what others are doing for it dear. I know its now fun at all during the flair up. But like a antidepressant would not hurt just to calm down and may relax the intestinal tract hugs Chuck hope your feeling better soon.(((((( Diverticulitis Support Group)))) look here and see how others get through the treatment. hugs Chuck.

Windchimes123 26 Jul 2016

Hi G mc,
I agree with Steve.
One point I would like to make because it may apply to you.
Diverticulitis can have a correlation with Irritable bowel syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Cymbalta would be part of the med regime to treat these diseases. Cymbalta has been found to be effective with neuropathic pain, which may be a component of fibro pain, even though it is an anti-depressant.
Hope this helps.
Good luck...