Can an antibiotic cause skin inflammation to an HIV/AIDS patient? if yes can it be treated?

kaismama 24 May 2014

Vancomycin definately does and others might cause it. Call your Dr. The redness of vanc isn't dangerous.

MASTERMAT 6 Aug 2014

Well without seeing it you can not tell. Any allergic reaction can be a danger. Skin redness, can be the first sign of a progressing allergic response.

DzooBaby 27 May 2014

See your Dr asap. Some skin inflammation after antibiotics is dangerous (Stevens Johnson Syndrome)
https://www.drugs.com/cg/stevens-johnson-syndrome.html

MASTERMAT 5 Aug 2014

Any medication can cause a skin inflammation. Time to call the doctor. You could be allergic to the medication, or other ingredient of the medication. I myself, find my skin is more reactive, than people who do not have HIV. The important thing is if you are allergic to the antibiotic, and keep taking it u could get a worse reaction. Like i said time to call the doctor. If it gets worse or u have breathing problems, time to get to the ER.