I am reading all the comments on the Androgel pump. Can you all please respond to what dosage has been most effective to get in the higher T levels and restore muscle mass, libido and energy. Is 4 pumps enough (5 G), or are you getting the best results on 6 pumps (7.5 G), or 8 pumps (10 G)?
The dose of AndroGel (testosterone gel) the doc recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
* How you react to AndroGel
* Your testosterone levels
* Other medications you are taking
* Other medical conditions you may have.
Please do not adjust adjust your dose unless the doc specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended starting dose for AndroGel is 5 grams applied to the skin once daily. After a while, the doc should check the testosterone levels again. If they are still low, the dose may be increased (first to 7.5 grams once daily, then to 10 grams once daily if necessary). If your testosterone levels are too high after taking the 5-gram daily dose, it is recommended that you stop taking AndroGel.
Some considerations for people taking AndroGel include the following:
* The packets contain 2.5 grams or 5 grams of the gel. The pump provides 1.25 grams with each depression of the pump. For a 5-gram dose, use four depressions of the pump. For a 7.5-gram dose, use six depressions of the pump. For a 10-gram dose, use eight depressions of the pump.
* Apply AndroGel at the same time each day, preferably in the morning. Apply it to clean, dry, healthy skin on the shoulders, upper arms, and/or abdomen (stomach).
* Do not apply AndroGel to the genitals.
Please do not self medicate talk to your doc before you adjust your dose, take care & be well!
I am very concerned that you are attempting to ask anyone other than your doctor what the appropriate dosage is for you. The goal is NOT To build muscle mass, and to increase T levels. These are things that your health care provider will discuss with you AFTER A BLOOD TEST. That is the guide for how THEY adjust your dosage. If you're thinking of second guessing them, talk to them about WHY you feel the need to do so? This is not something that you take and adjust depending on how you want to feel today. THAT is bordering on abuse and adictive behavior. Tread carefully, and talk with a professional about what your goals are and why you aren't asking them about this.
- AndroGel Information for Consumers
- AndroGel Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of AndroGel (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 27 Nov 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 1 May 2012 • 8 answers
Posted 11 Oct 2012 • 5 answers
Posted 6 Nov 2012 • 2 answers
Posted 16 Aug 2017 • 1 answer