... experienced anaphylactic shock three times in the past month. All three episodes happened while I was at work. I work with all nurses who are trained to give epinephrine EpiPen. My boss told me that due to liability reasons I had to administer it myself. I'm very concerned because I was not in any way able to give it to myself. Does anyone know the laws for giving EpiPen to someone who is experiencing anaphylactic shock? The first time this happened nobody called 911 everyone just freaked out and didn't help me. I had to go downstairs and have my friend rush me to the ER across the street. The very next week this happened again and a nurse sitting next to me called 911 and I had my friend give me my Epi pen
Because I was not able to give it to myself. EMS arrived and rushed me to the ER where I was treated for anaphylactic shock again. The third time it happened was last Wednesday while I was working.. Nobody called 911.. I had my friend give me my EpiPen and the nurses I work with didn't seem to concerned. They called my daughter from my cellphone who happened to be 3 minutes away and she rushed me to the ER.. I am fed up and so disappointed! My Dr is not happy that nobody took this serious. They all freaked out and didn't want to be liable... is there a law in Indiana that protects bystanders?