The reason I had a hip replacement about a year ago. I take 2000mg or 4 caps a half hour to one hour prior to the procedure. I am allergic to many antibiotics but not this one. I have however had clostridium dificile more than once, which scares me taking this prescription. Is it absolutely necessary to take this?? Thank you.
Amoxicillin - I have been prescribed Amoxocillin - 500mg caps prior to dental work?
- 28 Feb 2015 by Flower1933
- 28 Feb 2015
- allergic reactions, cryopyrin-associated periodic syndromes, amoxicillin, oral and dental conditions, hip replacement, antibiotic, prescription, antibiotics
I'm sure the dentist thinks it is. I would call my primary and ask him what he thinks about you taking antibiotics in this way. I wouldn't think that a one time dose would cause a problem. There there is the fact if you get an infection afterwards you'll need several days worth.
- Amoxicillin Information for Consumers
- Amoxicillin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amoxicillin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 3 Jul 2013 • 3 answers
Posted 23 Feb 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 3 Sep 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 16 Sep 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 16 Oct 2015 • 0 answers