Whats in amitripyline?

Marvell 8 Mar 2012

Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant. It affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced. Amitriptyline is used to treat symptoms of depression.

If you mean the exact ingredients that are in the amitriptyline tablet then it may be different from manufacturer to manufacturer. Different manufacturers may use slightly different excipients.

https://www.drugs.com/amitriptyline.html

Coreylee 8 Mar 2012

So is it a benzodiazepine?

Coreylee 8 Mar 2012

I have ua's so I need to know if it shows up the same as clonazepam cause that's what I'm prescribed

Marvell 8 Mar 2012

Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant ... and sorry but I don't know what it would show up in a urinary analysis.

DzooBaby 8 Mar 2012

Coreylee, Marvell is right. Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant and that is also what it would show up as on a urine drug screen. Many screens look for tricyclics. It is NOT a benzodiazepine.

DzooBaby 8 Mar 2012

You shouldnt be taking drugs that are not prescribed for you, especially if you know that you are being monitored!! Amitriptyline is completely different from clonazepam other than they both make you sleepy.

Coreylee 8 Mar 2012

I'm just doing a dip test not a lab so it wouldn't show as anything besides benzodiazapine right?