if so what are the effects
Hi, yes it is. Have you taken this amount? The symptoms you would probably experience first hand would be;
sinus tachycardia, hot dry skin, dry mouth and tongue, dilated pupils and urinary retention. An overdose of amitriptyline is more dangerous if taken at doses of 750mg upwards but 400mg is still dangerous. I take this med and i am on 50mg a night, which is considered a reasonably high dose.
Check out this website for a full list of side effects/overdose effects; http://www.mhra.gov.uk If you have taken an overdose contact your doctor or nearest ER now!
- Amitriptyline Information for Consumers
- Amitriptyline Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amitriptyline (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 26 Feb 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 18 Oct 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 29 Apr 2013 • 3 answers
Posted 17 Sep 2014 • 2 answers
Posted 12 Apr 2018 • 2 answers