Can I take AMC 500/125. if I am to stop taking plavix & low dose aspirin for 5 days.?

coloresue 26 Jun 2015

Yes, you can take AMC 500/125 if your Dr. okays it. Any antibiotic should always be taken until all of it is consumed as ordered. If it takes longer than 5 days to complete the prescription, find out how your Dr. wants you to do this. There will be a little overlap of residual aspirin at the beginning of taking the AMC so I'm posting the interaction here:

Applies to: aspirin, Plavix (clopidogrel)
Before using aspirin, tell your doctor if you also use clopidogrel. This combination may cause unusual bleeding, severe abdominal pain, weakness, and the appearance of black, tarry stools. If you take both medications together, tell your doctor if you have any of these symptoms. You may need a dose adjustment if you take both medications. You should also avoid any other over-the-counter NSAID products. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.