My boyfriend brought it to my attention, that when I'm suppose to be asleep I'm having actual conversations with him and am completely awake (eyes open, talking) without actually being aware. This has to 99% been limited to when we're lying in bed, until yesterday...
I've got complete memory loss the next day of whatever I said or did. I mean I can't remember anything - it's completely blank after the point when the medicine starts working.
Also, it seems like I hallucinate? I'm asking him why there are so many people in the room, when there's only the two of us and telling him what I'm seeing that clearly isn't there.
Would decreasing to 5 mg be better, or should I try an alternative medication? Has anyone else ever had similar experience with this drug?
I'm a bit freaked out, as so far I haven't tried to leave my house... but apparently I have left my room to use the toilet (which I don't remember).. and since I'm having entire conversations I don't remember, I'm really concerned about continuing with this medication...
Could it be that it's because I'm not actually IN BED when I take the medication, or immediately after? Does that increase the risk of 'sleep' conversations? It usually takes an hour for it to start working, but sometimes it takes only 10 minutes and on those occasions I've been caught off guard. (Often brushing my teeth, or having a conversation with a family member when it suddenly makes me start to slur my words like I'm drunk or high). It seems like most of my 'sleep' talking and hallucinations correlate with when I haven't actually been in bed with lights off trying to sleep...
Has anyone had any similar experiences? At what point should I go back to my doctor?