Am using lopressor but my blood pressor can not be controled?

Rajive Goel 14 May 2010

Lopressor (metoprolol tartrate) Tablets are commonly used to treat angina symptoms and high blood pressure, as well as to improve survival following a heart attack. The medicine can help reduce heart rate, blood pressure levels, and the workload of the heart, since the drug does not seems to be working for you, it would be better to seek medical advice for an substitute of Lopressor, hope this helps.

marjorie zych 14 May 2010

Lopressor is usually used after a heart attack to help you survive it and keep the pressure down. If you are still having problems with your blood pressure you may need a different medicine. I use a combination of Norvasc and Lisinopril and it seems to work great. I take 10mg of Norvasc in the morning and 10mg of Lisinopril at bedtime. I wouldn't suggest taking them at the same time though because it can drop your blood pressure to low at once. You may want to definately talk to your doctor high blood pressure can cause alot of health problems especially heart problems. I hope this info helps you.