Hi guys... I wanted to ask about the timing in taking suoxone dosages. I am currently on the strips... 2 mg. Twice a day. I know that many of you have suggested that it is important to take your dose at the same time every day. I have not been doing this and wonder if I may be doing the wrong thing. On the mornings that I go to work i wake up really early as I go to work really early so I take my first dose around 5:30 or 6:00 am. But on days off I usually sleep in a bit and take my dose around 8:00-8:30 am.
I have found that I usually take my second dose around 1:00 or so because if I take it any later I find that I cannot get to sleep... so... I am not on an EXACT timetable. I will pose this question to my sub doc also but could any of you give me your feedback as to how I am taking these.
Also, have any of you had trouble with the packets that the strips come in? I find them hard to open... have actually wasted a couple because they have torn in two as I ripped the packet open. When I tried to pick up the separated strip, I guess my fingers were wet and it got all sticky an clumped together... really a mess!!! Or maybe I am the "mess!!". LOL
Anyway, I have found that I need to cut the packet open with scissors to avoid destroying them. I have contacted the suboxone people and they actually gave me a "nice" coupon toward my next purchase!!!
So... any feedback from the group would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance... Hope everyone is doing well after the long holiday weekend. Hugs to all... pup