I have been on Seroquel XR 350 mg in addition to Concerta 27 mg and Lamictal 150 mg for bipolar disorder and anxiety issues. I have been on Seroquel for about a year, which was initially prescribed to help me sleep and reduce anxiety. At first it did help me fall asleep within an hour and stabilized mood. However, it is now taking me 3-5 hours to fall asleep and the withdrawal symptoms when I miss a dose include sweating, nausea, paranoia/ extreme mania and I will be unable to sleep at all until about 4-6 hours after I take it again.
There are times that I will be going out with friends or have to stay up later than usual for any reason and because of the side effects from missing a dose it completely throws off my sleep schedule and encourages mood swings.
I am happy with the anxiety reduction and mood stabilization when I am awake, but I want to find alternatives that do not cause the withdrawal symptoms I experience and will not completely dominate my sleep schedule.
If anyone has experience in a similar situation or any alternative suggestions I would really appreciate any advice. I am going to make an appointment with my psychiatrist to discuss this but would like to have an idea what he might put me on to know what to expect and what has or hasn't worked for other people.
Thanks in advance! :)