I take alprzolam 0.5 at night to help me sleep. in the am I take citalopram is that okey. Help?

chuck1957 29 Nov 2014

Regina that is the most common way of taking these two medications is this what the doctor told you and what it says on the bottle..you want to make sure you take it exactly as prescribed..The xanax helps with nerves and sleep,And the Citalopram helps continue to help with nerves panic,depression and after your on it a while it builds up and last longer in your system..and helps all through the day... Good luck hope this does the trick for you my friend Chuck1957

balbanese 30 Nov 2014

It's okay if they're both prescribed in that strength for use that way by the same Dr., the prescribing physician should have issued specific instructions on how and when to take these based on your unique need. If more than one Dr is involved they should be aware of one another's prescriptions and instructions.

Delila 1 Dec 2014

Hi, these 2 medications are commonly prescribed together. I you are new to this combination then please read through the results from the interactions checker so you know what to expect: https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=133-0,679-0