If I had an allergic reaction to nucynta, would I also from oxycodone?

kaismama 11 Dec 2013

no, they are two completely different meds. The closest med to nucynta is tramadol.

scooter48 22 Dec 2013

I do not like to disagree generally, but Nucynta is nothing like tramadol. Tramadol (Ultram) since tramadol is technically not a narcotic medication and has no control by the FDA or DEA. Nucynta is controlled under class II drug controls, and can cause side effects similar to those of Morphine like drugs. Tramadol works well for some people and others has no pain relieving value at all. I don't mean to be so forward but these two drugs are entirely different.

kaismama 22 Dec 2013

I did not say they were alike, I said they were related. It is not related other opiates. Which was my point, you wouldn't be allergic to oxy just because you're allergic to nucynta.

kaismama 22 Dec 2013

Tramadol is an opiate like med and is controlled by some states and will be federally sooner or later.

scooter48 22 Dec 2013

Sorry about that. I guess I should read a little close next time. Thanks for clarifying that for me

scooter48 22 Dec 2013