Why am I allergic to oxycodone hcl but not percocet?

Megha-Nick 21 Sep 2016

The only thing that I can think of is maybe it has something to do with different inactive ingredients. The only differences between plain oxycodone and Percocet are ( aside from different dosage forms ), Percocet (ocycodone/apap) has Tylenol (acetaminophen) in it and ocycodone HCL does not. Seeing as you don't have an issue with Percocet, it can't be because of the Tylenol .. The other difference is that different manufacturers use different inactive ingredients in their oxycodone ( as is the case with all meds that are available in generic form ). I'm assuming/guessing that this is the case whether or not the oxycodone has Tylenol added to it.
I think there is a way that you can check inactive ingredients in these 2 meds, as long as you remember who made each. It would be some place to start, anyway.
I'm not the best at wording things, I apologize for that :-). Hope this helps.