Can I take Aleve and have a baby breast feeding?

masso 19 Jul 2017

Naproxen is also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Naproxen Breastfeeding Warnings
Use should be avoided. Excreted into human milk: Yes Comments: The effects in the nursing infant are unknown.

This drug has been found in the milk of lactating women at concentrations of approximately 1% of that found in plasma. Due to the long half-life and potential for serious adverse events in breastfed infants, other agents may be preferred.

https://www.drugs.com/pregnancy/naproxen.html

I suggest you ask your Dr. for a different medication.-

chuck1957 19 Jul 2017

masso; gave you a great answer you should talk to your family doctor or call you Obgyn this morning. as far as I know about the stronger they give after childbirth is Tylenol to nursing mothers for their own pain and much safer for the baby. but please give them a call first. congratulations Chuck1957